Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th






Happy Fourth of July! I am so excited to go down the shore and visit with my new family! (I heard they are the ones who bought me some of my favorite toys...) I do miss my brother and sisters, and sometimes cry and go from room to room looking for them, but I've figured out how to to get in and out of the door that is too high for me, and I think I even recognize which place is mine when we're out walking. Last night I was very good and didn't even cry when I went into my crate...but then this morning I also had my first accident. I really don't like going out to walk when the grass is wet, but Mom and Dad said I had to get over that fast! I even started to try out my soft bed that Pris and Caroline bought for me! The cheetah (my stepsister, the cat) is even being fairly nice to me, but I'm still very hurt and confused because I keep trying to play with her and she doesn't want to play with me...at all. Mom and Dad also finally figured out that if I run around for about a half an hour really hard before bed, I go to sleep much faster, and will cry less in the crate. I'm going to get to spend some time with my neighbors tonight while Mom and Dad are at a wedding, and then down to the beach we go! My first holiday with the family - I hope there are lots of treats!

1 comment:

Delilah and Rocket said...

Yeah, mom & dad did their best to keep me awake right up to bed time too. But some times I just didn't want to wake up!